Saturday, April 4, 2015

My Secret Ambition

I don't know if I've ever actually told anyone this.

I always thought it would be really cool to write a book. I have a strong and wild imagination, I think I could totally do it. I find myself day dreaming and fantasizing often. Making up stories in my head, they're short but clearly I find them interesting. Isn't that what matters? Maybe someone else will too? They're like tiny Final Destination moments except not evil, gory or gross; typically no one dies in mine. I'll people watch and create a story for them, or imagine a "what if" scenario that never happens.
I wrote a story when I was younger and when my mom read it, it made her cry. (Not going to lie, that made me feel good haha) I also wrote a Backstreet Boys fan fiction story when I was about fifteen or sixteen that I found not too long ago and became obsessed with reading. I was highly disappointed in myself when I discovered I never completed it. How did it end?! Ugh, moving on....


I keep a journal with my favorite characters names; first and last. So that I can easily open it up and go, "Oh ya! I love that name, lets use that one." I also sometimes write down my crazy, fantasizing, non-gory, Final Destination moments. I figured, if I ever have a great idea for a story I could use these little stories or moments to help perk it up a bit. Maybe that's not how it works but in my head, I will make it happen.

My grandma wrote a book. No, not something you would have read. Only my mom and I have read it. She never completed it but it was fascinating to read. It's a true story based on her life but she didn't write it as herself; as a few people. My grandma worked for Orson Welles and often had Marilyn Monroe (before she was famous) come into her office and sit down on her desk and gossip with her. They'd also go bowling together. Those stories were in her book but she doesn't use real names so only my mom and I are able to follow along and understand; since she told us the stories first hand.

Maybe, one day

No comments:

Post a Comment